Therini Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company dedicated to the research and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory diseases due to vascular dysfunction. The current therapeutic target is based on novel findings by the Akassoglou lab at Gladstone/UCSF that implicate fibrin as a key driver of neuroinflammation. Our lead program is based on novel findings by the Akassoglou lab at Gladstone/UCSF that implicate fibrin as a key driver of neuroinflammation. Therini Bio’s first clinical candidate is a monoclonal antibody targeting fibrin for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases and will enter the clinic in late 2022. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of a growing dedicated team of drug developers and to play an essential role as the Company’s executive assistant. Therini has a strong investor base and experienced management team. Therini is located in Lilly Gateway Labs in South San Francisco, a new facility designed specifically for early-stage biotech companies and offers a dynamic work environment and numerous amenities. This position reports to the President & CEO and works day-to-day with the Office Manager.
Therini is seeking a hands-on, highly qualified and experienced biotech executive assistant to be part of our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting an executive team and assisting with managing a small office with plans for growth (currently at 15 employees with plans to grow over the coming year). The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully performing a wide range of office management and high-level administrative activities for all team members always ensuring a productive work environment and efficient office operations with confidentiality and discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Calendar scheduling including agenda preparation for internal and external visitors or staff
- Proactively manage calendars and remain flexible to multiple changes
- Responsible for arranging travel, making reservations, and keeping details organized
- Provide high-quality support while anticipating needs
- Serves as the initial, highly professional interface with key external contacts such as customers and vendors and shows effective written and verbal communication with external as well as all internal contacts including management, staff, and contractors
- Develops and demonstrates working knowledge of systems and serves as a “go to” person for frequently asked questions
- Coordinate meetings and other corporate events
- Organize and order company and business lunches
- Works with office manager to proactively find ways to engage employees (i.e. decorating office for holidays, potlucks, collaborative activities, off site events, etc.)
- Works with office manager for office and break room supply management and curating company “SWAG” materials
- Backup office operations and aspects of the office including vendor relations and liaison for the landlord
- Serves as backup interface of key external administrative service providers such as facilities, IT, HR and accounting
- Perform intermediate to advanced desktop publishing including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Draft, review, and/or edit written material to ensure accuracy, neatness, correct punctuation, and grammar; recommend changes to improve readability and clarity
- Transcribe information of a technical, confidential, and/or sensitive nature; may be required to take meeting minutes from time to time
- Assist with presentations and related collateral materials
- Perform other related duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business or the equivalent knowledge and experience required
- 5+ years of related executive assistant experience with demonstrated growth required in a start-up environment with at least 3 years in biotech/life science industry required
- Must demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer skills and software application proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. PowerPoint experience preferred
- Experienced in administering online, cloud-based applications (i.e. Zoom & DocuSign)
- Familiarity with Cloud based sharing and storage (i.e. Box and SharePoint)
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively across the business and with all levels of the organization and independently on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment with strong time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines, and respond quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with a meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic, professional, friendly, supportive image, and a “can-do” attitude
- Confident, intelligent, and dedicated individual who is focused on making improvements and reaching out for new solutions and fostering strong relationships with colleagues
- The candidate must be highly motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision; respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks; willingness to acquire new skills; and be able to identify problems and work toward solutions
Why Work for Us?
- Join our vision to leverage our unique insights to novel pathways driving inflammation in the context of chronic debilitating diseases and to develop new medicines to treat patients in need
- Opportunity to translate breakthrough biological insights into innovative drugs with an innovative class of therapeutics for the treatment of numerous diseases with vascular damage
- Therini’s employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed in identifying novel treatments for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases
- Our environment is international, progressive and collaborative, our attitude is focused and pragmatic
- Therini is committed to our employees and provide robust compensation commensurate with experience and full benefits package
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Therini, please submit your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Therini is an equal opportunity employer.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Therini is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.